Monday, May 2, 2011

Traditional vs Contemporary Remix

In examining some of the differences between traditional and modern practices I decided to look at the juxtaposition of traditional to modern architecture.  If theatre didn't exist, I have a strong feeling that I would have gone into the field of architecture, and so looking at it as an art form as well also intrigues me.  I've collected a slew of still images as well as some video clips from a variety of source that depict work of Frank Lloyd Wright and John Lautner.  While originally I wanted to try to give both modern and traditional equal time, as the remix developed I found the modern influences to be much more intriguing and taking up a lot more time.   However, I think it turned out well.  It isn't a particularly informational documentary -- isn't full of statistics or facts -- but I believe it does speak towards artistic inspiration, as well as some of the passion that these modern architects put into their work.





No comments:

Post a Comment